Situated in Church Lane, Far Forest, on the edge of the Wyre Forest, this church was built in 1844 from stone quarried in Shugar‘s Lane (now Sugar‘s Lane) near Shugar‘s Farm The architect was Abraham Perkins, architect for Worcester Cathedral, and the builders were Fred Bradley, Richard Ganderton and William Bourne.
Originally the church was a chapelry of Bewdley, built as a missionary church for the lawless of Far Forest! In 1864 it became a separate Ecclesiastical District with the right to hold baptisms, marriages and burials.
The church is in the Early English style with typical lancet windows. In recent years the interior has been refurbished and visitors are particularly struck by the sense of light, space, simplicity and peacefulness. There are lovely stained glass windows,many of which depict scenes from the Gospels.