This is the largest Norman Parish Church in Worcestershire and has some of the finest examples of Northern Architecture in the West Midlands. The main body of the Church, including the very fine Norman Chancel Arch, was built around 1160 with further addition in the 15th and 16th centuries.
In the Lady Chapel is the tomb of Judge Coningsby, whose family resided in the parish for many years and were responsible for the building of the South Aisle and the Tower in 1520.
At the rear of the Church are the old village oak stocks and whipping post, which have been moved inside for safe keeping. Another item of historical significance is the medieval oak chest hewn from a solid oak treetrunk.
Over the centuries the weather has obviously taken its toll of the exterior stonework and as a result is in constant need of attention. Since 1980, in excess of £250,000 has been spent on essential repairs, much of which has been supported by English Heritage.
Further plans include further substantial masonry repairs, and the re-ordering of the vestry in the base of the tower, to eventually accommodate a kitchen and toilet. These facilities will be particularly useful for the many concerts, art and craft exhibitions and the annual church fete which are held either in the church or churchyard.